VMware Cloud Community
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Capacity Planner Collector not synchronizing

Have an install of 5 collectors at a client site so we could load balance the collection of servers. 1 of the 5 will not send data to the information warehouse at the Optimize site. I have removed the Database ID from the IW and re-added, but still no luck. Has anyone ever come across this? Any suggestions on how to correct?

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AMcCreath
Commander
Commander

Put a call in to Ops and have the account checked out.

Also, check the ports through the firewall, and services are running.

acr
Champion
Champion

Can the problematic Collector connect to the optimize site manually..?

0 Kudos
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ports are open, I can connect to the website manually. I guess I will have to call Ops. Does anyone know exactly how I do that? Throught the main support number?

NOTE: If your problem or questions has been resolved, please mark this thread as answered and award points accordingly.
0 Kudos
acr
Champion
Champion

As a work arround (depending on how many Machines) you could just add the machines from the problematic Collector to some of the other Collectors..?

Unless these were in DMZ'd etc..

bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is some new information from the logs:

04/17/2007 16:17:00:1:1124: DataSync: Started Remote Configuration Job Task ID=993

04/17/2007 16:17:01:1:1124: Remote-Config.CompareData: Compare Counters Failed

04/17/2007 16:17:01:0:1124: Remote-Config.DoRemoteConfiguration: Failed in comparing XML data

04/17/2007 16:17:01:1:1124: DataSync: Finished Remote Configuration Job Task ID=993

04/17/2007 16:17:01:1:1124: DataSync: Completed for Job Task ID=993

Anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
bebman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No longer an issue, just installed a new CP and got things going.

0 Kudos