VMware Cloud Community
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Administering a different DataCenter ESX Host

Our company is acquiring another company with a Virtual Infrastructure. Luckily, they have VMware ESX3.5 hosts BUT they are all standalone hosts. What is the best way to integrate their ESX hosts into our VirtualCenter ? I'd prefer to not create a new DataCenter, if possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We went through an aquistion sometime ago and the previous company had an VMware ESX enviornment as well. Once network changes were made so both organizations were on the same network segment, it was just a matter of "add host". We disconnected the old enviornment and connected it into our existing vCenter instance. We didn't create a new datacenter, just a new cluster.

All VM's were powered of under downtime just to be safe, but the process was pretty straight forward.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We went through an aquistion sometime ago and the previous company had an VMware ESX enviornment as well. Once network changes were made so both organizations were on the same network segment, it was just a matter of "add host". We disconnected the old enviornment and connected it into our existing vCenter instance. We didn't create a new datacenter, just a new cluster.

All VM's were powered of under downtime just to be safe, but the process was pretty straight forward.

0 Kudos
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Troy,

Just wanted I guess I wanted to hear.......simple. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos