VMware Edu & Cert Community
itpassionate77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP-NV 2021 (2v0-41.20) - Study guide

Hi everyone,

I would like to have some guidance for finding the best documentation as I want to pass the exam.

I'm trying to find an official study guide but I find nothing. Nothing recent in VMware press, same on Amazon, and so on...

The only references I see is the technical documents about installing or managing NSX-T 3.0

I'm quite surprise to not being able to find an official or assimilated study guide for this topic. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

Thanks all for your feedback,

Best regards,

Michaël

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaSo2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That is unfortunately true for most of the exams (and it can get even worse when you try the VCAP level as there is very little you can study from beside validate designs or blogs).

Anyway how I tackled the exam:

• Official exam blueprint
  • https://virtually2cents.com/nsx-t-2-4-study-guide-support/ - Study Guide + lots of info (thanks Frances! 🙂 ) although for 2.4 it is OK even for 3.0, iirc I checked the RN for 3.0 and since the VCP level is about fundamentals how the NSX is doing NSX things you should be ok
  • Official NSX-T ICM - On-demand - for 30 days, cheaper than classroom, got a cert voucher for free, persistent lab environment for 30 days, went super slow - wrote everything down
  • My own nested lab as fully collapsed vSphere cluster - having theoretical knowledge is OK, but it won't save you in front of the customer (at least me :)) (+ YT Jeffrey Custers series on how to build a home lab and NRDY Tech on the same - to get inspiration etc.)
  • Official documentation for 3.0 - I didn't learn from it directly, but checked it for almost every step I made, sometimes you are able to gain more insight about that topic you are working on, sometimes it is just formal confirmation you are doing it right..

Good luck on your exam!

J.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A couple of resources which may help you:

https://www.funkycloudmedina.com/study-guides/vcp-nv-2020-2v0-41.20/
https://www.udemy.com/course/vmwarensxt30/

I’m not aware of anything else other than the Exam Guide PDF but it sounds like you already have that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
itpassionate77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Many thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate.

But, there's a concept that I don't understand here....

VMware is able to design and build exams on their products, but why they don't invest time and energy in writing books anymore for preparing students for those exams?

The last VCP exam I passed was VCP 2019. I never found an official study guide to help me studying key concepts. Happily, the community is here to build study guides. I won't say thank you enough to Vladan Seget for writing the Study guide that helped me to pass the exam in top of own experience on administering vSphere environments.

For me it's a kind of a shame that VMware as the author of the exam is not able anymore to produce an official study guide for specific topics like NSX. This product in today's IT landscape is a key element of a modern infrastructure. 

They recommend us to pass exam on new technologies, but they don't give us adequate material to help us prepare the exam. Why I would use old VCP6-NV study guide (2016-2017) to prepare an exam in 2021?? As in between the product is moving from NSX-V to NSX-T...

As an IT pro, I don't have time outside my job, to make my own research for building my own study guide. VMware should be able to provide one for their own exams.

It's the same for EUC. Did you see an official study guide for VCP-DTM 2021? Again I don't get it...

Beside that I'm happy they finally build an study guide for vSphere 7.0.

0 Kudos
JaSo2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That is unfortunately true for most of the exams (and it can get even worse when you try the VCAP level as there is very little you can study from beside validate designs or blogs).

Anyway how I tackled the exam:

• Official exam blueprint
  • https://virtually2cents.com/nsx-t-2-4-study-guide-support/ - Study Guide + lots of info (thanks Frances! 🙂 ) although for 2.4 it is OK even for 3.0, iirc I checked the RN for 3.0 and since the VCP level is about fundamentals how the NSX is doing NSX things you should be ok
  • Official NSX-T ICM - On-demand - for 30 days, cheaper than classroom, got a cert voucher for free, persistent lab environment for 30 days, went super slow - wrote everything down
  • My own nested lab as fully collapsed vSphere cluster - having theoretical knowledge is OK, but it won't save you in front of the customer (at least me :)) (+ YT Jeffrey Custers series on how to build a home lab and NRDY Tech on the same - to get inspiration etc.)
  • Official documentation for 3.0 - I didn't learn from it directly, but checked it for almost every step I made, sometimes you are able to gain more insight about that topic you are working on, sometimes it is just formal confirmation you are doing it right..

Good luck on your exam!

J.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@itpassionate77 

I've never needed to "build my own study guide" when passing any of the 30+ certification exams (mostly Microsoft, some VMware) I've taken in the past, I have however had to trawl through documents, articles, and other notes in order to prepare for them.

Looks like the post above gives you some guidance on what else you might need to go with the other resources I linked to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
itpassionate77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@JaSo2 , I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one thinking that.

Many thanks for your advices, I will consider them.

Yes, I will do my best to get it. But the thing is I love working with networks, so with the right dose of efforts it will be able to manage!

Again, thank you and I will keep you posted!

0 Kudos