I know I need to attend the training to attain VCP 'Certificate'.
However, due to my current situation, I am unable to do that.
so, I have 2 questions.
1. Is it possible to book and appear for the VCP exam - prior to taking the training classes?
2. and if I appear and pass the exam - would I get a results score indicating I passed the exam?
thanks for any and all insights on this peculiar question.
1. You can complete the training requirement and the exam requirement in any order, so yes anyone can attempt/pass the exam.
2. Yes, in the Certification Manager: https://www.certmetrics.com/vmware/
You cannot claim to be a VCP though, you won't have achieved the certification until you have met all the requirements.
I think the mandatory training course attendance protects the validity/reputation of the certifications. I wish more vendors followed VMWare’s lead on that requirement. 🙂
There was a time when you were able to do that, I did it, but not anymore, you need to comply with all requirements to be reconignized with the VCP.
To get the certification you will have to take the VMware course online or in person from an approved education vendor before or after the exam.
Thanks for info.
If you would like to get your VCP without taking the training course and have some interest in networking, you could also:
1. Get your CCNA (works in lieu of training for VCP-NV cert)
2. Get your VCP-NV
3. Get your VCP-DCV
Still cheaper than purchasing the training and you end up with three certs.
CBT Nuggets has a really good VMWare training course. You might be able to sign up for a 30 day free trial. It won't count toward the certification, but if you need technical info its a good place to go.
Tips for the training:
I gave up after going through the training requirements. Instead, I set up a small lab with 2 hosts and followed CBT nuggets,