VMware Edu & Cert Community
MdSaidurHasan
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP Deploy 2021 (3V0-22.21) exam

The Advanced Deploy VMware vSphere 7.x (3V0-22.21) exam which leads to VMware Certified Advanced Professional –Data Center Virtualization 2021 certification is a 17-item lab-based exam, with a passing score of 300 using a scaled scoring method. Candidates are given 205 minutes to complete the exam.

Preferred VCAP Deploy exam registration (Proctored and, deliverd through Pearson VUE) method is online to ensure all candidate details are received to deliver the lab exam. Lab exam appointments are required to schedule at least 24 – 48 hours prior to the appointment date.

Minimally qualified candidate (MQC) has about 12 months hands-on experience installing, configuring, and managing a vSphere solution. The MQC is typically a senior administrator, capable of deploying, optimizing, operating, and troubleshooting virtualized environments. The MQC has knowledge of storage, networking, hardware, security, scripting, business critical applications, business continuity and disaster recovery concepts. The MQC may need occasional mentoring with advanced, complex tasks.

VMware vSphere: Advanced Administration Workshop [V7] is a recommended training which is a five-days course to provide hands-on training to equip students with a range of skills: from performing routine VMware vSphere 7 administrative tasks to complex vSphere operations and configurations. 

The course aligns fully with the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization Deploy exam objectives also uses scenario-based lab exercises and does not provide guided step-by-step instructions. To complete the scenario-based lab exercises, you are required to analyze the task, research, and deduce the required solution. References and suggested documentation are provided. 

7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@MdSaidurHasan That would appear to be a copy/paste from the exam guide - I’m not sure what the purpose of your post is?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
miguelmolina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Great Post!

Your information is spot on!

I will update my VCAP certification.

Regards.

Miguel Molina

0 Kudos
CarlosAndresAng
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I don't see the purpose of copying the information from the guide

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@miguelmolina 

As I already mentioned it was just a copy/paste from the exam guide PDF that everyone can access anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
miguelmolina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @scott28tt 

Now, I uderstood. I totally agree with you.

🙂

0 Kudos
CarlosAndresAng
Contributor
Contributor

Good Scott 👍,

Regards

0 Kudos
kookin
Contributor
Contributor

I sat this exam the other day. While I could copy from the question text and paste into the lab desktop, I had issues copy and pasting from within the lab desktop. I also could not send F keys, e.g. in DCUI from ssh sending F2 key.. This hampered me on a few questions.