VMware Edu & Cert Community
RobBenedit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP 2022 test results incorrect on portal

I took my test on October 29, 2022 @ 9:15am EST. Kept waiting to receive an email with my test results and an examination score report, as I have always received with any VMware certification exam I have taken in the past.  Eventually, I had to contact VMware directly who finally responded on November 3, 2022 providing me with an examination score report and with my score result showing as PASSED.  Great news, I Passed! Only problem is that my portal for both PearsonVue and VMware Cert. manager show my test result as FAILED>. So, I immediately started contacting VMware about this so that I can display my badge and update my employer, etc!!!!!

Nov 3 Me I emailed alerting them to my portal reflecting Failed instead of Passing. attaching the Passing examination score report they had sent me that day.

Nov 4 VMware responds “Did you receive a score report as pass? If yes please provide me the same?” (Me) I respond providing the certification department and VMware cert support the examination score report they emailed to me on November 3, 2022 (BTW – what was the basis of the latest results if the score report was just sent to me today?)

Nov 5 Me I email again - Saying I would like to escalate this issue.

Nov 7  VMware responds  “Please be informed that we are checking on this and we will keep you posted”

Nov 8  Me I respond - I would like to escalate the matter of getting my score corrected. This issue has been going on with you for 10 days and need to have my score updated on the portals for my employer verification.

Nov 9 VMware responds  “I have updated the same to the concerned team will keep you posted”  “We have already escalated this to our exam development team and they are working on fixing this issue.”

Nov 14 Me – I respond - The status still shows failed this morning and it has been 2 weeks. I need to get this resolved please with the correct status. What is the best step?

So, it’s now November 14, 2022 and I am still waiting on both PearsonVue and VMware Cert. manager to be updated with my Passing results.

This is so frustrating.

Does anyone know what I should do because I am not getting anywhere with this?

Rob-o Benedit
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan69
Contributor
Contributor

I am still searching for some proper solution Same issue still no fix to this.
Price Chopper Direct Connect

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@KarlChilds @lbourque Can you help with this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok. That's weird. Rob, Send me a direct email and I'll sync up with Karl. Do you have an email or PDF of the score report that whoever you spoke to at VMware? If so, include that in the email.

lbourque [[at]] vmware.com

0 Kudos
RobBenedit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ibourqu, sending you what I have and got another reply from the Vmware cert dept this morning with "we are looking into the matter" : Nov15th.

Rob-o Benedit
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've sent a note off to Karl to see if we can escalate this as it shouldn't take this long to get this resolved. I'll keep you posted once I hear back from him. I suspect it may be something on Pearson's side as I believe Cert Manager pulls from there.

0 Kudos
RobBenedit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nov 21,  day 23 = no change.

I checked my score on both VMware & PearsonVue's web portal and still incorrect. Can we just update my information manually?   

If the script, API, or database that is broken or needs editing then I'm willing to help fix it to get my score to post right at least on my portal over a shared session.

-rob

Rob-o Benedit
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Rob,

Has this finally sorted out? I know Pearson had to fix something on their end and it's been a little while.

0 Kudos