VMware Edu & Cert Community
TCGillTJC
Contributor
Contributor

Lab Licenses

I'm new to the VMware academic licensing world.

I've enrolled our college, can create classes and enroll students in them.

But I can't find info on obtaining licenses for my lab computers.

Can someone direct me to that info?

Thanks in advance for your help.

7 Replies
TechDemon78
Contributor
Contributor

Which product are you referring too VMWare HUB store for academia?  I am not sure what you are asking.  Will help if I can.

0 Kudos
TruongTaiki
Contributor
Contributor

Did you do an Academy Instructor?

0 Kudos
TechDemon78
Contributor
Contributor

No I am more of admin for the vmware hub store I add all the vmware workstation and vsphere licenses for students on university and just create lab licenses.  I thought you were speaking on that.  If you need to find licenses it is on the detials of your invoice when you setup the labs.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@TCGillTJC 

Is your institution a member of the VMware IT Academy program?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TCGillTJC
Contributor
Contributor

No, I got an academic license subscription.  With that subscription, I can "create classes", assign students to them and issue licenses to them.

Can I not use some of the licenses available through that program for lab licenses or do we need to be an academy?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I found this via Google, it’s more than I previously knew so I can’t answer your questions: https://www.vmware.com/company/labs-academic-software/academic-licensing-overview.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mbufkin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can join VMUG Advantage to get a one year license for many VMware products. It's $200 per year to join. 

0 Kudos