VMware Edu & Cert Community
jhammer2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Keeping my VCP current

I currently hold my VCP-DCV 2020 and I understand my VCP will 'expire' end of 2023, that is correct?  If so all I have to do is take the exam for DCV before then and it will current?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FirozeB_za
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

to answer your question yes, there will be an exam available to keep your cert current. 

The expiry is both a blessing and a curse but if you are disciplined you can keep it rolling over with regular exams.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your certification will never expire.

What does change over time is whether you have the option of updating to the current year VCP either by only passing an exam or taking training, or whether you must take training.

Check the various paths on the left here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
FirozeB_za
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

to answer your question yes, there will be an exam available to keep your cert current. 

The expiry is both a blessing and a curse but if you are disciplined you can keep it rolling over with regular exams.