VMware Cloud Community
dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

windows 7 pro x64 on hypervisor 5.1 HP Hangs

Hy, i have installed Hypervisor 5.1 HP version on server HP ML350P G8 TV with 16g ram 3 hdd 1t sata raid 5 with 512mb cache memory.

It runs a Windows 7 pro x64, randomly it hangs, the application freeze and say "wait application hanged".

If i wait 5 minutes it return to normally, if i want continue to work, it necessary to kill the app and re-run.

can any help me?

tnx in advance, miki.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What's the configuration of the Windows machine? have you installed the VMware tools for the VM?

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Do you have the hosts's CD-ROM drive connected in the virtual machine's settings? If not, either check the VM's vmware.log file for hints, or attach it to a reply post.

André

0 Kudos
dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

1.the guest os is Windows 7 pro 64bit, yes i have installed vmware tools latest release.

2.no i not connected CD-ROM to vm.

i dont understand what connection is with CD-ROM and vmware.log???

0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry i meant. The RAM, vCPU's and things. Maybe its happening because of resource contention.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The vmware.log contains information which can help understand/solve the issue you are seeing, so please attach this file to a reply post (you need to switch to "use advanced editor" to be able to attach files). In order to be able to download the file from the VM's folder on the datastore, you may need to shutdown the VM.

André

0 Kudos
dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

i have tried many configurazione of vCPU memory.

first set 2 cpu and 2 core for cpu with 6G of ram.

after 1 cpu and 2 core and 3g of RAM.

CPU and RAM and DISK with High priority.

it possible that the problem is "high priority" that create a species of sob?

0 Kudos
dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

ok, i look for a log file, and attach

0 Kudos
dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i have attache a log file of this vm.

i have see a lot of issues, but i not know if this is a real problem or is negligible.

the machine hangs on 28/09 12:20 and 01/10 10:12

can you help me, tnx in advance.

bye.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

That's interesting, you seem to experience an issue which should be solved with version you have installed, i.e. ESXi 5.1 Update 1 (see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2036350). Unfortunately I can't really help you solve the issue, because I'm seeing the issue at some of my clients (with Windows 2003 Terminal Server) too and all I found so far, was to workaround the issue by disabling logging as explained in the mentioned KB.

André

dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

tnx Andrè.

but the problem of my vm that hangs is attributable issues in esx?

then if i disable the the generation of log, should that i prevent this problem?

tnx.

0 Kudos
dataserviceit
Contributor
Contributor

I boys, i see in event viwer this message

"[ warning] [vmusr:vmtoolsd] Failed registration of app type 2 (Signals) from plugin unity."

or

"[ warning] [vmusr:vmusr] Channel restart failed [1]"

this problem born when the vm need to create a log but not succeed

VMware KB: Upgrading to VMware Tools 5.1 causes log spew with the message: Error in the RPC receive ...

this problem is possible that create hangs of an application in vm?

0 Kudos