VMware Cloud Community
droordaEPG
Contributor
Contributor

will the Intel SSD 750 be added to the HCL

Does anyone know if the Intel SSD 750 NVMe card will be getting added tot he HCL? I would love to add them to a few servers, but do not want to get into a unsupported configuration.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JarryG
Expert
Expert

I do not think there is much to be supported on this or any SSD. Point is to have NVMe supported, because that is interface specification. If devices follow it, they are "supported". It is similar as with traditional drives (and any other OS): you do not check if some particular hard-drive and model is supported. All you need is to have supported its interface, and controller...

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉
0 Kudos
droordaEPG
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure this is really the same. When you talk about storage yes the disks are not usually required to be on the HCL, but the controller really should be on the HCL. Since NVMe sits directly on the PCI bus it essentially is the controller and storage combined. Unfortunately I am not truly familiar with the details of the NVMe interface, just someone who does a lot of reading.

0 Kudos