VMware Cloud Community
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

where is the correct place that sysprep files place ?

Hi All

I try to learning vCenter 5 ,and I try to set deploy VM from using template & sysprep...I place sysprep files (these files from WinXP installation CD) at c:\programData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\sysprep\xp & 1.1 folders....and then I try to deploy XP template by using customization method.But I get an error message "Windows Customization resources were not found on the server"....

I check the same method, it could work fine on venter 4.1....So I do knot  what wrong in my lab.

Who could kindly teach me ?

My Lab configuation is

ESXi 5.0

Vcenter 5.0 on Windows 2008R2 STD

AD using Win2003 AD

Template: XP Pro SP3

wyldkao

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shail0606
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Virtualinfra
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

extract sysprep files under folder 1.1 in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Sysprep\1.1\.

For the sysprep refer below kb, for the links and version.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100559...

If you dont extract the files under that location you will get this error.

Award points for the helpful and correct answer by clicking the below tab Smiley Happy

Thanks & Regards Dharshan S VCP 4.0,VTSP 5.0, VCP 5.0
0 Kudos
Shail0606
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please re-download the sysprep and check

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=11282

0 Kudos
wyldkao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! it work fine!!

But i do know what different between Deploy.cab in XP install CD & Deploy.cab from MS web site ~~~~

wyldkao

0 Kudos
Shail0606
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for giving the points

It could be because of old sysprep, if you see the screen shot shared by you all the files were created in 2003 and since then it was not updated.

charvoworld
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi

i have path for sysprep file to put up .... check out the snapshot for path and other guidelines in charvo cloud: Vmware view Sysprep customization steps

0 Kudos