VMware Cloud Community
TedH256
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vsphere5- where did converter go?

Sigh

so it used to be that the vmware converter was installed by the vcenter installer. I don't see it there anymore? Is it deprecated, or just I have to find it someplace else now?

Ted

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Converter is now provided as a separate product.

VMware vCenter Converter Standalone

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Converter is now provided as a separate product.

VMware vCenter Converter Standalone

André

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

With vSphere 5 it is no longer bundled with vCenetr but only available as the standalone problem - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

... but only available as the standalone problem

LOL, nice typo :smileylaugh:

André

0 Kudos
TedH256
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanx both of yous guyz

I'm wondering: if it is still called the "vcenter converter" than ...how is it "stand alone" also?

Is there anything else signifigant that I should be aware of? Yes, I'll skim the manual, but if you already know ...

😉

Ted

thnx again!

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm wondering: if it is still called the "vcenter converter" than ...how is it "stand alone" also?

Interesting question. That's probably something you need to ask the marketing guys.

Is there anything else signifigant that I should be aware of?

Not really, except it does not integrate in the vCenter Server GUI as a plugin anymore.

IMO the main reasons to provide the Converter this way are to have only one version and to be able to relase updates more frequently without the need to wait for an updated vCenter Serer version.

André

scerazy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So as it was in version 3...

Seb

0 Kudos