ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  vsphere client

Posted Jul 28, 2011 06:22 PM

My ESXi 4.1 host and client workstation have no internet access. How can I get the vsphere client?

• 2.  RE: vsphere client

Posted Jul 28, 2011 06:26 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The installation media has it.

Good Luck!

• 3.  RE: vsphere client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2011 06:29 PM

Welcome

To get vsphere client, you can access via web https://ip_of_your_host and click Download vSphere Client

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

• 4.  RE: vsphere client
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 28, 2011 06:34 PM

With ESXi 4.1 (and 5.0) the link on the ESXi welcome page points to a download on VMware's web site.  The client is no longer available for direct download from the host itself.

• 5.  RE: vsphere client

Posted Jul 28, 2011 07:55 PM

Thanks. You were correct. I was able to download the vsphere client from the vmware web site. I installed it on my client. When I try and log onto the host it tries to go to vsphereclient.vmware.com to retrieve th erequire client support files. Since I don't have internet it fails. Any sugestions.

Thanks,

Ivan

• 6.  RE: vsphere client

Posted Jul 28, 2011 09:18 PM

It looks like you may have a mismatch between client version and your host.   If you're running ESXi 4.1 Update1, you must have a matching client version.  If a mismatch is detected (say you have the 4.1 client on your workstation) then an upgrade is initiated.

What build of ESXi are you running?

• 7.  RE: vsphere client

Posted Jul 28, 2011 09:33 PM

Dave,

This is what I installed - VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.1.0.update1-348481.x86_64-Dell_Customized_A03

I installed the following .exe for the client - VMware-vclient-all-4.1.0-258902

Ivan

• 8.  RE: vsphere client

Posted Jul 28, 2011 09:21 PM

I've moved your discussion from Technical Resources to VMware ESXi™ 4