VMware Cloud Community
mgoswami
Contributor
Contributor

vsphere client could not connect to vcenter the request was aborted could not create ssl/tls secure channel

Hi,

I have one vCenter server in 4.1 environment. When I am connecting the VC via vSphere Client, getting the below error. Unable to run any command from Powercli and getting same error. However I am able to connect the ESXi host from the VC via vSpehere client with root ID.

"vSpehere Client could not connect to "vCenter Server". An SSL error occured. (The request was aborted: could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.)

Screenshot-1.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
salmanhassan172
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen this issue in past after installing Microsoft security updates KB3174644 , KB3175024 and KB3172605 on 2008 R2. This is because, these update modifies the vCenter public key length. After updating these patch vCenter SSL certificates should have minimum public key length of 2048 bits, If not  you will face same issue. Please check the public key length of your vcenter certificate.

mgoswami
Contributor
Contributor

This is Win 2008 R2 server however above mentioned patch are not installed on the server.

C:\Program Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\SSL\ - in this path 3 certificate files (rui.crt, rui.key and rui.pfx) are available. But this certificate is not installed. And all other certificate installed in the server is SHA1 (512).

In registry SSL 1.0 enabled. TLS is not configured.

0 Kudos