VMware Cloud Community
NelsonC2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vsphere 4.1 need installer to connect

Trying to connect to ESXi 4.1 with vSphere client 4.1, but asked to install files when connecting. I am on a closed network and it fails to install. Any ideas on how I can get around this?

Thanks,

Nelson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to download this client:

http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/3/4/5/0/4/3/VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-345043.exe

Download it with a PC with internet access and then install it on your workstation. This is the version for 4.1U1.

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Specifically what files is it looking to install? Have you tried reinstalling the vSphere client?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What vCenter version do you have ? 4.1U1 ?

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!
0 Kudos
NelsonC2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have vCenter 4.1U1, however I am not trying to connect to vCenter

0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

And what ESXi version do you have?

0 Kudos
NelsonC2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, this is the second install on the second workstation. Not sure what files it trying to get, but it says in the popup that " The required client support files need to be in stalled to be retrieved from the server "vspere.vmware.com" and installed. I am using vSphere 4.1.0-258902 to connect.

0 Kudos
NelsonC2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 4.1.0.update1-348481.x86_64

0 Kudos
piaroa
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to download this client:

http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/3/4/5/0/4/3/VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-345043.exe

Download it with a PC with internet access and then install it on your workstation. This is the version for 4.1U1.

0 Kudos