VMware Cloud Community
Asif787
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vpxa service is getting crashed frequently

while starting the vpxa service i am getting below error message due to that my Esxi host is not getting reconnected back to Vcenter .does anyone having any idea about this error ?

[root@lvppesxll34m1d:/var/log] vmware -v

VMware ESXi 6.5.0 build-15256549

--> while parsing HTTP response for method waitForUpdates

--> on object of type vmodl.query.PropertyCollector

--> at line 1, column 0

2020-04-22T15:42:52.370Z warning vpxa[80C0B70] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] Closing Response processing in unexpected state: 3

2020-04-22T15:42:52.370Z error vpxa[80C0B70] [Originator@6876 sub=VpxaHalCnxHostagent opID=WFU-41a7] Got error result from WaitForUpdates(): N5Vmomi5Fault11SystemError9ExceptionE(vmodl.fault.SystemError)

--> [context]zKq7AUoCAgAAAOXL6AAPdnB4YQAAHywubGlidm1hY29yZS5zbwAA4lUSAG+8DQHOiA1saWJ2bW9taS5zbwABtFENASJVDQFpmA0BdWsNAslyFnZweGEAABObIAA+nyAA5eYgAGSqLgPKbABsaWJwdGhyZWFkLnNvLjAABD5MDWxpYmMuc28uNgA=[/context]

2020-04-22T15:42:52.371Z error vpxa[80C0B70] [Originator@6876 sub=VpxaHalCnxHostagent opID=WFU-41a7] Fatal error while handling updates: N5Vmomi5Fault11SystemError9ExceptionE(vmodl.fault.SystemError)

--> [context]zKq7AUoCAgAAAOXL6AAPdnB4YQAAHywubGlidm1hY29yZS5zbwAA4lUSAG+8DQHOiA1saWJ2bW9taS5zbwABtFENASJVDQFpmA0BdWsNAslyFnZweGEAABObIAA+nyAA5eYgAGSqLgPKbABsaWJwdGhyZWFkLnNvLjAABD5MDWxpYmMuc28uNgA=[/context]

2020-04-22T15:42:52.374Z error vpxa[80C0B70] [Originator@6876 sub=vpxaInvtHostCnx opID=WFU-41a7] [VpxaInvtHost] Can't connect to hostd. Shutting down...

2020-04-22T15:42:52.375Z info vpxa[80C0B70] [Originator@6876 sub=Default opID=WFU-41a7] [Vpxa] Shutting down now

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asif787
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vpxa service crashed issue got resolved .below troubleshooting steps followed by sequence

first i did restart hostd and vpxa service

eg../etc/init.d/hostd restart;/etc/init.d/vpxa restart

then i did diconnect my host from vcenter inventory and reconnected same host back to vcenter .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

"Can’t connect to hostd” - have you tried restarting that service?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you esxi reachable and able to access through ssh. Suggest you to restart the hostd service and the try to reconnect back to vCenter.

Below command to restart the hostd service.

/etc/init.d/hostd restart

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Asif787
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hello scott28tt,

yes i did restart vpxa and hostd services couple of times and even i did restart management network as well but no luck still my host is in not responding state.

0 Kudos
Asif787
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

nawal yes i did restart vpxa and hostd services couple of times and even i did restart management network and then tried to reconnect host but no luck.

0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ohh. are you restarted all the services using command services.sh restart ? If you are done this then suggest to reboot the host if possible.If there are vms running then will be outage of vms.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Asif787
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vpxa service crashed issue got resolved .below troubleshooting steps followed by sequence

first i did restart hostd and vpxa service

eg../etc/init.d/hostd restart;/etc/init.d/vpxa restart

then i did diconnect my host from vcenter inventory and reconnected same host back to vcenter .

0 Kudos