VMware Cloud Community
mdwoernhard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmx I120 GuestRpcSendTimedOut message to toolbox-dnd timed out when booting OS X Yosemite on ESXi 6 (fully patched)

Hi all

For almost two years I was able to run OS X Server on my Mac Mini Server (2011). Due to a physical HD crash in the Mac Mini server the virtual server got corrupted. I was able to recover the data disk, but not the OS disk. I exchanged the HD, re-purposed my Mac Mini late 2012 with Fusion Drive to ESXi 6, but am unable to get OS X Yosemite running on any of these Mac Minis.

First try was to upload a working VM of OS X Yosemite from VMware Fusion 7 Pro. The upload worked fine, the uploaded VM boots, but hangs after a while – start progress bar stops at about 45%. On ESXi, the following is logged: 2015-09-16T19:20:31.535Z| vmx| I120: GuestRpcSendTimedOut: message to toolbox-dnd timed out.

The second try was to create a new VM based on an OS X Yosemite ISO, but the result was the same. I also the same error when creating a OS X VM based on the Mavericks ISO I used to install the previous VM.

Any advice from the advice highly appreciated!

Best regards

- Maurice

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Maurice,

See if the instructions I gave in this other thread help get your existing (working) Yosemite VM working after it's uploaded to ESXi: Mac clients won't boot

Cheers,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Maurice,

See if the instructions I gave in this other thread help get your existing (working) Yosemite VM working after it's uploaded to ESXi: Mac clients won't boot

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
mdwoernhard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick help. Adding the smc.present line did the trick!

0 Kudos