amalik4
Contributor
Contributor

vmware esxi 6.0.0 error

Hi,

my system :

Hewlett-Packard HP Pro 3340 MT

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 16 GiB Memory

Please help me, i'm running vmware esxi 6.0.0 but unable to boot normally. i have google to try troubleshoot on this but i can't find how to do. the display stuck "starting up services : running sfcbd-watchdog start". i have restart many times but still can't login.

is there any solution on this?

the vms is so important to me so if the esxi cannot be fix, please help me to recover the vm inside

0 Kudos
8 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
A quick option when ESXi does not start is to place a USB key (4GB or 8GB) on the physical server and then install VMware vSphere 6.0 (preferably with the same one you had installed).

You must be very careful to choose the USB key as the installation destination and choose the option to preserve the VMFS datastore.

e_espinel_0-1623816529812.png

At the end of the installation you must configure the server to boot from this USB key or choose the USB key as First boot device during the server boot.

If the problem is only booting ESXi on the server's internal disk, once you boot ESXi from the USB key you will be able to see your old Datastore and start the VM. Backup the VM or VMs as soon as possible.

Check in the server HW logs if there are no problems with the disk controller or with your internal disks.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
amalik4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi e_espinel,

I have try the instruction, and having problem. please see below picWhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 10.14.28(2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 10.14.28(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 10.14.28.jpeg

I have try using DVD and USB with 8GB installer vmware esxi 6.0.0

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
Please provide more details.
The errors and screenshots included in the post are during the start of the installation process ?

Did you complete the installation on the USB key and when you reboot you boot from the USB key and start showing the errors indicated ?

What type of ISO image are you using to install ? what type ?

Are you using the ISO image that was initially installed on that machine, or are you using a standard VMware vSphere image?

Enrique Espinel
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
amalik4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi e_espinel,

The errors and screenshots included in the post are during the start of the installation process ?

Yes, it is installer booting

Did you complete the installation on the USB key and when you reboot you boot from the USB key and start showing the errors indicated ?

yes i made bootable USB using Rufus, im using ISO i have download from internet, because i dont have ISO image that was initially installed on that machine. I'm new staff at the company and continuing work of people before me. this vm is used to be development only.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
A PC is not recommended as virtualization equipment. If the problem is a low budget is recommended to acquire a used Server.

According to what I found on the web the HP Pro 3340 MT PC, has the following components:
CPU Intel i5-3470 /4Cores/ 3.20GHz
Realtek 8171E-VB Gbe LAN with Lightning protect

The VMwatre vSprere (ESXi) 6.0 cannot detect the network card, for a simple reason it does not have the driver (vib) of that PC card.
You just need to make a custom ISO image of version 6.0 that includes the network card driver.

Attached is a link on how to create a custom iso, the driver that might work would be a Realtek one (net55-r8168) but I am not sure.
https://www.v-front.de/p/esxi-customizer-ps.html#download

https://vibsdepot.v-front.de/wiki/index.php/List_of_currently_available_ESXi_packages

Enrique Espinel
amalik4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi e_espinel,

I am able to booting installer from USB stick,

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-18 at 10.31.09.jpeg

do i have to install to this USB stick too or i have to place another USB stick?

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
with the ISO you must create a boot CD to boot the server and install the VMware on the USB key.

Enrique Espinel
amalik4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi e_espinel,

When installing to USB stick, it stopped and shown below error

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-18 at 14.01.20.jpeg

0 Kudos