VMware Cloud Community
srikanthkatrue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vmware esxi 4.1 compatibility with ASUS PIKE 2008 interface?

Hello VM ware Folks,

Can you let me know if ASUS PIKE 2008 interface card is compatible with vmware esxi 4.1 since i am planning to install the vmware server.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Srikanth.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanArmstrong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Srikanth,

The PIKE is a proprietary expansion device for ASUS motherboards. These motherboards are found on the HCL, but it appears ASUS has not placed the PIKE into the certification process as a discrete storage adapter card. ASUS also does not claim it is supported on anything other than Window and Linux operating systems.

You're just going to have to try it and see, really. I suspect it's probably going to work just fine, but it will probably not be considered a supported storage adapter for VMware ESX or ESXi, if you run into trouble.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
srikanthkatrue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Can you please let me know answer to my question if asus pike 2008 interface is compatible with vmware esx 4.1 installation.

really appreciate your help if you could help me quickly.

thanks,

srikanth.

0 Kudos
DuncanArmstrong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Srikanth,

The PIKE is a proprietary expansion device for ASUS motherboards. These motherboards are found on the HCL, but it appears ASUS has not placed the PIKE into the certification process as a discrete storage adapter card. ASUS also does not claim it is supported on anything other than Window and Linux operating systems.

You're just going to have to try it and see, really. I suspect it's probably going to work just fine, but it will probably not be considered a supported storage adapter for VMware ESX or ESXi, if you run into trouble.

0 Kudos