sakurai_tabi
Contributor
Contributor

vim-cmd: Failed to login: Connection refused

Hi All , I have the following errors:

1.when I use all the vim-cmd, it show the error:

Failed to login: Connection refused

2. I can't login the management using vsphere client :
    vshpere client oculd not connect tp "IP" An unknown connection error occoured. ( The request failed because of connection failure . Unable to connect to the remote server))

I try restart service using : ./service.sh restart no use.

I try add back host IP to /etc/hosts. also no use.

Any one can help ??

I am using ESXi5

0 Kudos
6 Replies
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Welcome to VMware Communities.

If you are using vCenter please make sure that LOCKDOWN mode is not enabled.

This error could occur if LOCKDOWN Moide is active. check the hostd logs (do a tail on hostd logs and try to login) 

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
sakurai_tabi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi~~ I am not using Vcenter.  I connect to ESXi host directly

0 Kudos
sakurai_tabi
Contributor
Contributor

finally I find there is problem in one of my localdatastore, which is a hardisk..

Any health check procedure for ESXi 5 ????? Any logs which are essential for administrators?

0 Kudos
sparrowangelste
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

sakurai_tabi wrote:

finally I find there is problem in one of my localdatastore, which is a hardisk..

Any health check procedure for ESXi 5 ????? Any logs which are essential for administrators?

if the host as a error, if CIM is working for your system, then your host would get a yellow warning icon on it.

you could also run something like vcops, or veeam one,

--------------------- Sparrowangelstechnology : Vmware lover http://sparrowangelstechnology.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
sakurai_tabi
Contributor
Contributor

oh~~ actually the host is a PC only. i don't think it has CIM.

0 Kudos
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor

I am having exactly the same problem and Lockdown is not enabled. The host is in a disconnected state. I know how to fix it, but it is not allowing me to enter the commands.

In my case, this was caused by the DR host crashing while using vSphere Replication, which caused an active replication to fail, which then caused the host which housed the relevant VM to disconnect.

0 Kudos