VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vifpinit

My question is:-

if a server is initialize on vMA by using vifpinit command how to uninitialize this? what is command to uninitialize this?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
10 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

You should be using vifptarget with the newer vMA, and you can use 'vifptarget --clear' to go back to normal prompt.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

but vifptarget command is not available in vMA because i already tried it. Any Suggestions?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

vifptarget replaced vifpinit as of vMA 4.1, if you're using ESXi 5, I would upgrade my vMA.

As far as I know, you couldn't exit out of the vifpinit session, you would just replace that host session with another host session.  You could exit out.

-KjB

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's correct, you could not exit out of an initialized session and this was fixed in vMA 5.0, I would recommend going to latest version which is also backwards compatible with vSphere 4.x

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ok....yeah i am using vma 4.0.....do you know official vmware t-shoot course is on 4.0 or 4.1?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

That will probably depend on where exactly you are taking your class, but I venture that the version 4 class should be updated to include 4.1 content, but don't quote me on that.

-KjB

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi,

VMware troubleshooting course based on Vsphere 4.0, not 4.1..

Really it made lot of confusions..

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

But VCAP exam is on 4.0 or 4.1 ???????

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

VCAP 4 covers the blueprint (http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-12751).

Version is not all that important to complete those tasks between 4 and 4.1 anyway.

-KjB

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ok

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos