VMware Cloud Community
hajaring
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcenter et client vsphere

Salut,

- avec un hyperviseur gratuit tel que le VMware vSphere hypervisor, est ce qu'on peut payer pour un vcenter si on veut beneficier de multitudes fonctionalités avancées de VMware? ou bien le Vcenter va juste avec les hyperviseur payants?

- je trouve toujours le client Vsphere qui s'installe sur une autre machine (pas serveur), afin d'acceder au serveur à distance, est ce qu'il ya d'autre taches pour ce client, et est ce qu'on peut creer notre plate forme virtuelle sans recourir a ce client ??

Je suis debutante dans le domaine de la virtualisation, et je suis tres intressée par cette technologie, merci de m'avoir aider

Cordialement

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jackobli
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello and welcome to the VMware Community forum for ESXi 5.

Please note that "official" language for the forums is english.

1. You want to know if it is possible to use vSphere 5 free on the hosts and manage this hosts through (paid) vCenter.
    I am currently unsure and would guess that it is not covered in the license agreement for the free vSphere 5.
  2. You also wanted to know if it is possible to drive your vSphere hosts without vSphere client.
    Well, on vSphere 5 free, you cannot use vMA to "write" to the hosts. So withouth use of some hacks and tricks sooner or later you will need the vSphere Client for managing the guests on your host.
    If you want to avoid the vSphere client on your desktop/laptop whatever, you might install vSphere client on one of your guests on the vSphere host.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jackobli
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello and welcome to the VMware Community forum for ESXi 5.

Please note that "official" language for the forums is english.

1. You want to know if it is possible to use vSphere 5 free on the hosts and manage this hosts through (paid) vCenter.
    I am currently unsure and would guess that it is not covered in the license agreement for the free vSphere 5.
  2. You also wanted to know if it is possible to drive your vSphere hosts without vSphere client.
    Well, on vSphere 5 free, you cannot use vMA to "write" to the hosts. So withouth use of some hacks and tricks sooner or later you will need the vSphere Client for managing the guests on your host.
    If you want to avoid the vSphere client on your desktop/laptop whatever, you might install vSphere client on one of your guests on the vSphere host.
0 Kudos
hajaring
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

okey thanks to you for your response and i'm sorry for language,

now I will contact you by English, Sorry

0 Kudos
Jackobli
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

hajaring as écrit:

okey thanks to you for your response and i'm sorry for language,

now I will contact you by English, Sorry

No problem, I understand french and I talk some french. But my french writing is poor, too long ago since school.

You will get more answers and other may learn from your postings if you write in english.

0 Kudos
hajaring
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes, i understand but im not frensh, im from Morroco and we have all of our stadies by frensh, it is our 2rd language, however i have a bad english...sorry

but i will tray to contact  you  with ...

so, i inderstand that for managing our guests on ythe host, we need the Vsphere client, we cant do this immidiately

and for this vsphere cleint we can install it on one of our guests  or on an other  machine

that true ?

an other question please, i had read that the Vsphere client is free. is it true?

cordially

0 Kudos
Jackobli
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

hajaring wrote:

so, i inderstand that for managing our guests on ythe host, we need the Vsphere client, we cant do this immidiately

and for this vsphere cleint we can install it on one of our guests  or on an other  machine

that true ? and other question please, i had read that the Vsphere client is free. is it true?

You need the vSphere client which is free.

If you install vSphere and then connect through a browser to the vSphere host (https://ip-or-hostname) there will be an option to download the vSphere Client to any of your PC, Workstation or whatever you are working on. vSphere client is a Windows 32bit binary (XP, Vista, Win7) and depends on .NET library from Microsoft. If not already installed, the setup of vSphere client will point you to it.

0 Kudos
hajaring
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

okey, that all right, thank you so much

0 Kudos