VMware Cloud Community
beckham007fifa

vcenter convertor standalone 4.3 - The specified parmeter is not correct

Hi Guys,

I was trying to convert a windows 2008 Ent R2 machine on my ESX host but the process with vcenter convertor tool was not starting itself. It is not detecting the existing drives and I am not able to convert it. When checked in different sites, i found the information to disable UAC - i did it, making changes in secpol.msc- i did it.

apart from this i have restarted the machine so many times and also run the tool as administrator and with local and domain account but still no luck.

when looked into the disk management, i found its having 200 MB of hidden system partition.

Need your kind inputs for resolving the problem. Please help me.

Thanks in advance...

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos
2 Replies
john23
Commander
Commander

check this out :

Conversion of a powered-on Windows Server 2008 source with non-formatted volume fails
You cannot convert powered-on source machines running Windows Server  2008 if their volumes haven't been formatted. The VSS version in  Windows Server 2008 does not support unformatted volumes. The following  error appears in the log file:
Failed to create VSS snapshot of source volume. Error code :2147754764 (0x8004230C)
Workaround:

• Format the non-formatted volume and try the conversion again.
  • Deselect all non-formatted volumes while setting up the conversion task in the Data to copy pane of the Options page.

Converter Standalone does not support cloning powered-on Windows Server 2008 sources with FAT/FAT32 volume file system
VSS under Windows Server 2008 does not support FAT/FAT32. Trying to  convert a FAT/FAT32 volume causes the conversion task to fail. 
Workaround: Deselect all FAT/FAT32 volumes on the Options page of the Conversion wizard.

https://www.vmware.com/support/converter/doc/conv_sa_43_rel_notes.html#knownissues

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
0 Kudos
beckham007fifa

where to deselect, i am not getting any volume in the options windows. Kindly elaborate and explain please. Thanks.

Regards, ABFS
0 Kudos