VMware Cloud Community
vipes27
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere on iPad

I'm planning to be at a conference all next week and will have my iPad and laptop with me. However, during the actual meeting, I don't want to have to carry around my laptop, just use my iPad. I have a vpn connection on the iPad into our network but was wondering what the best option was to control my VMs remotely? What does everyone use and how well does it work? I hopefully won't need to do much, maybe just login to a server to reset a password or something.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Are you using View? If you are there is a view client for the iPAD i believe

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

this is i saw one of old post..check... v1.2 client is now available in the App Store.  The v1.2 client requires an updated vCMA backend (v1.2) that you can download from labs.vmware.com/flings/vcma.

0 Kudos
vipes27
Contributor
Contributor

We're not using View. Is that free?

I found a couple of videos that show the vSphere Client app but it doesn't look like I could remote into a server using that. The description sounded like I could just restart the server, put in maintenance mode, etc. I want something that I can login to a vm, if there is something like that.

0 Kudos