VMware Cloud Community
Fredzone
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere client:Number of active connections increases indefinitely

Hi guys,

I have a strange behavior on my vSphere Client. Each time that I click on the console of a VM, the active connection numbers increase.

For example, I work on the console of VM1 after that I work on the console of VM2. When I go back on the console of VM1, the information bar say that "Numbers of active connections has changed. There are 2 actives connections on the console". When I go back on the console of VM2, the same message. Each time that I switch from a VM console, I have the active number of connections increased ... I work alone on the vSphere environment.

I already check for a similar problem on this forum. I found this post. But it doesn't help me at all.

I have the same behavior when I work directly on the ESXi 4.0 or through the vCenter 4.0.

Any idea?

Frédéric

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mikrowiz
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure you don't have another connection left open somewhere else accidentally? I was having a similar problem. Just as you, I was the only one working in the vSphere environment. I eventually found out that I had connected by RDP to my vCenter server, launched the vSphere client, and then accidentally left that session logged in and running rather than logging off. I opened the Terminal Services Manager on the server with the extra remote connection running that apparently had the vSphere client running, and logged that session off, then my number of active connections decreased.

0 Kudos