VMware Cloud Community
KingRave
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client E-mail Alerts - Can't get working

Running vCenter 6.5 using vSphere Web Center I've configured the SMTP Server, Sending E-mail address and in the advanced setting I've set the username, password and port.  I assigned an alert for testing to e-mail me when a VM is powered on or off.  I can see in the events that the system says it sent me an e-mail, however I never receive it.  I've tried two different smtp/port/authentication configuration and neither has worked.  I see no way to define TLS, but looks like its on by default.

How can I see the actual SMTP logs, so I can figure out what is going on?  I've tried looking at /var/log/vmware/vpxd/vpxd.log on the vCenter server, but I can't locate an useful errors.  Been using "more vpxd.log | grep SMTP" to look the huge log file.

If it help I'm trying to connect to Office 365 and an internal, locked down, open relay server used for printers and other devices.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Check out the step you have perform or is anything missing in configuration

Configuring vCenter for email with SMTP authentication | Adventures in a Virtual World

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos