VMware Cloud Community
MANZ1281
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication Plugin 8.1.1

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade from VR 6.1.2.1 and eventually then upgrade SRM 6.1.2.1 to 8.1.1.

Reading the below extract from VMWare docs, can anybody explain to me how this would work? Any links or pics to what the plugin would look like?

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vSphere-Replication/8.1/com.vmware.vsphere.replication-admin.doc/GUID-DEF..."Once vSphere Replication has been upgraded to version 8.1.1, you can no longer use the old vSphere Replication plug-in to manage the updated vSphere Replication sites. You must use the new standalone vSphere Replication user interface and plug-in instead."

But I also read that the new vSphere Replication plugin will be migrated into the Site Recovery plugin, so which is it? This is the bit I do not understand since my SRM would still be on 6.1.2.1.
Kind Regards,
Zoen
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From 8.X Release the vRA no longer sits under the Configure and Monitor Tabs in the standard vSphere web interface(Flash)

It has its own HTML5 page that you connect to, to manage the day to day operations. So basically in Chrome you will 1 tab for vSphere Web UI, and another for the vRA monitoring/config/etc. The standard vSphere UI does have a link to this new vRA that you can click and it will auto log you in.

What's New with SRM and vSphere Replication 8.1 - Virtual Blocks

Be sure to check the seed copies you do, because there was a bug in 8.1 where it would create a second folder with a (X) on the end for config files instead of using the seed folder.

0 Kudos