VMware Cloud Community
santh
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication 5.1 issue

Hi,

We have installed vSphere Replication 5.1 on the primary & DR sites. While adding target replication site, it's getting error "unexpected status code: 400" (means adding DR replication appliance IP address). We tried successfully to ping the DR server ip address & host resolution also.

Please advice to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Santh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

This might be helpful.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200746...

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Which vCenter Server version do you run on the Primary and DR site?

André

0 Kudos
ramkrishna1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hisanth

Hope doing great.

Only ping is not enough to help you .

please explain little more like ping response MS,WAN speed, then version you are using at both end.

And if any firewall you are using check all related port should be open or check with one server from DMZ zone.

"concentrate the mind on the present moment."
0 Kudos
sobh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody

I have same problem - don't know what to do

It  look like database on vsphere replication Appliance doesn't work or something. I installed the OVA file several time but same error.

I am deploying it in test environment. two vcenter is in same network and firewall is off.and I tried with FQDN also doesn't work.

actually I deployed it before and don't have such problem.

seems it doesn't even try to connect to remote site because when I do the following it doesn't ask for password

to connect to remote site I enter vcenter server IP address and then click OK it say username is required .I enter username then click OK this message pop out

0 Kudos