VMware Cloud Community
evpretorious
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Hypervisor 6.0 Features: vMotion?

I apologize in advance if there's a simple answer to this question. I only ask this question here because - with all of the marketing doubletalk, the vague naming scheme used by VMware, and the change in the vague naming scheme throughout the vSphere/ESXi history - I can't seem to find a definitive answer...

Does vSphere Hypervisor 6.0 - i.e., The free hypervisor - support vMotion? Or is that feature require a paid license?

Eric Pretorious
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vMotion is not available with the free hypervisor. It is available with Essentials Plus and Standard edition or higher.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vMotion is not available with the free hypervisor. It is available with Essentials Plus and Standard edition or higher.

evpretorious
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeah - That's what I'd expected. e.g., Looking at the vSphere Essentials Kit table on this page I figured that the answer is/was "No - Free vSphere does not support vMotion".

Thanks, Homerzzz!

Eric Pretorious
0 Kudos
michael_warne
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

According to today scenario, VMware vSphere Hypervisor, a free and easy-to-use production-ready hypervisor helps you consolidate your servers so you can start saving today. if you feel that it's require to paid license so you can buy it. To know more Visit official website - http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor.html

koenig-solutions.com - VMware Certification
0 Kudos