ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  vSphere Experience on BL460C hardware

Posted Oct 23, 2014 04:45 PM

Heyy Gang, long time since my last visite here.

I was wondering is anyone can share his experience or maybe point me to best practice in configuring vSphere on 4 Blade servers BL460c on a BL7000 and direct attached to a 3Par StoreServe 7200.

I will soon receive these two toys and need to plan on moving away from vSphere 4.1 env to a 5.5 so any comment is more than welcome,

Thanks peeps.

• 2.  RE: vSphere Experience on BL460C hardware

Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:30 AM

Hi,

I have BL460c G6 and G7 in my area and we are using vSphere 5.5 (HP Image is installed). I have no problem with them and they are working very fine, very stable.

There is some recommendation documents about HP servers and vSphere environments, you can found them on HP site and VMware, especially, www.vmware.com/pdf/Perf_Best_Practices_vSphere5.5.pdf

Just, you need consider something about G8 servers,iLO and HP Agent-less Management Service, please upgrade your iLO version to last version and upgrade HP services to last version via vibsdepot.hp.com

And about Emulex HBA Adapters, install last LPFC driver from VMware site and upgrade your HBA firmware to last version.