VMware Cloud Community
rconleythielcap
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Enterprise Plus -> vCloud Enterprise Licensing Question

My company took advantage of the vCloud Suite upgrade pricing last December to assist in a DR project.  With vCloud I am implementing three new Cisco ESXi hosts that will utilize the new vCloud licenses.  The original three Dell ESXi hosts are going to be relocated to the new DR site and repurposed with newly purchased vSphere Essentials Plus licensing.  Should I be aware of any issues/gotchas associated with adding the new vCloud license keys to the new Cisco hosts while the original vSphere keys are still attached to the original Dell hosts?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If I understand you correctly you are going to use the upgraded licenses as well as the ones from which you upgraded!? This may not cause any technical issues, but you are most likely violating the license agreement by using both licenses.

André

rconleythielcap
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, to clarify there are no plans to violate our licensing agreement.  I have approximately two weeks left in my evaluation period on the new hosts.  I have already configured the new hosts and have migrated ~90% of my VM's.  I am attempting to do my due diligence in terms of plan B should I run into an issue that prevents me from finishing the migration within my 60 day evaluation window.  The Essentials Plus licensing for the new DR site won't work with our configuration so I can't go ahead and swap the keys onto the Dell hosts yet.

0 Kudos