VMware Cloud Community
BrendonColby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Client u1 Windows 7 x64 - SLOW

Greetings!

I've had this issue for a while now, and I'm just not seeing anything on the forums that has helped me with this. I am running Windows 7 x64, Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 8GB ram, Nvidia Quadro FX 570 - a pretty beefy system - and yet the vSphere Client, even update 1, redraws incredibly slow. I had the workaround in place before u1, and the client GUI had the same slowness. I thought that would be fixed in the next update release - apparently not!

I've backed out the changes for the workaround. I've uninstalled / reinstalled everything completely at least twice. Nothing has helped. The GUI is still very slow. It's not a deal breaker, but it is VERY annoying to have to work with this daily.

Has anyone experienced this and fixed it? I'm getting to the point where I will probably call support.

Brendon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

show me some love and give me some points Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

incorrect information posted.[http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_compatibility_matrix.pdf]

0 Kudos
BrendonColby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm confused - it lists the vSphere Client 4 Update 1 as supported on Windows 7 64-bit.

However, I may just RDP into the VC server itself and use the client there for now. That's faster than using the local client.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

my apologies... You are correct.

0 Kudos
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I cant help you with the reason your isntall is slow. But I just installed a fresh copy of win7 64bit and the vic u1 seems to run fine. Its alot better on win7 than it was on vista thats for sure.

0 Kudos
BrendonColby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Interesting. Well, I will be getting a new, faster desktop with an SSD drive, so I'll be curious to test the client with that. Perhaps something is just messed up with this install.

0 Kudos
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

when i get back to my other computer i will look for the link that i found on windows 7 and VIC. Someone mentioned turning off desktop composition or something like that for the vic to work better under win7. I will find the link and post back later.

0 Kudos
BrendonColby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ahh yes, I forgot about that. I tried turning off Desktop Composition, and the GUI was MUCH more responsive. What I ended up doing was turning off aero, since running the client would do that anyway. Thanks for the reminder!

0 Kudos
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

show me some love and give me some points Smiley Happy

0 Kudos