VMware Cloud Community
eversys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere Client keeps refreshing

We are using an VMware ESXi 5.0.0 (Build 504890) and a vSphere Client 5.0.0 (Build 455964).

We can access the consoles of our VMs through the vSphere Client - however, approximately after about 5-10 mins the vSphere client seems to refresh and we are redirected back to the main vSphere page. We then need to reselect the VM and console.

Any ideas what could be causing this. Is there an update available?

Any help / links much appreciated.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert

do you see anything in the logs "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\vpx"

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
eversys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a Windows 7 64-bit client - I don't have the path you mention. However, found the logs in C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\VMware\vpx. Attached the latest logfile.

0 Kudos
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert

Then it is C:\%UserName%\AppData\Local\Vmware\vpx

Do you have the same issue in different machines or only on one machine?

What plugins do you have enabled?..

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
eversys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I only have the 1 client with vSphere installed. No plugins installed.

0 Kudos
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert

if you run the vphere client from the vritual center server, do you see the same problem?

My guess based on the logs is that you might have not network connection issue.

See

[viclient:Error   :P:20] 2012-06-20 19:05:46.768  Physical ping for: http://10.2.1.10/sdk/vimService?wsdl failed with status 'ProtocolError'

[viclient:Error   :W: 5] 2012-06-20 19:05:47.011  RequestCanceled fault occurred while executing WFU

0 Kudos
eversys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, we don't have a virtual center server.

When I do a ping from my cmd, I get <1ms to the VMs IP, however, to the ESXi management IP between <1ms & 60ms (always changing). When the refresh occurs, the results "jump" up a little. Strange.

0 Kudos
MartinAmaro
Expert
Expert

Then you should make sure the physical network interfaces of the ESX host speed duplex matches the network switch ports' speed duplex (exaple auto\auto or 100 Full duplex) check the switch for issues, etc

0 Kudos
grp
Contributor
Contributor

I can also confirm this with latest ESXi and Console. Keeps refreshing, and resets all toolbar customizations as well. (Eg Inventory toolbar reappears even if removed earlier).

0 Kudos
czh09
Contributor
Contributor

the problem i faced is similar, using ESXi 5.0.0 (Build 914586) with vSphere Client 5.0.0 Build 913577.

attached the log to this post.

the log shows that there was some connection problem at the following timings: 17:13:41:xxx and 17:15:02:xxx

i'm pretty sure it is not connection problem as i've got other esxi connected to the same setup, and i've swapped the cables, ports, etc.. could it be due to some settings problem?

0 Kudos
czh09
Contributor
Contributor

anyone able to assist? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Khusan
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. If anyone knows how to solve this issue please let us know. Client keeps refreshing.

0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you make sure that this kb helps you out?

Also, seems like some other service is making the response to be invalid. If you do not wish to have server health or sensor monitoring, can you try to disable the sfcbd service and see if this issue persists? Link here.

0 Kudos
czh09
Contributor
Contributor

for my case, seems like the problem was caused by my firewall rule in the ESXi. Added back the vSphere Web Access (TCP port 80) entry and the problem was gone. i'm puzzled as to why this is required since i am not using vsphere web access. wondering if this will result in a potential security flaw?

0 Kudos