VMware Cloud Community
roni_abhi
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client could not connect to. An unknown connection error occurred (This request failed becasue of a connection failure. Unable to connect to the remote server)

Dear Friends,

I am just trying to create home lab for me for vsphere 5.5. On my laptop I just installed wmware workstation 10 and installed esxi 5.5.

Esxi ip - 192.168.50.1

Sub - 255.255.255.1

Getway - 192.168.50.5

DNS 192.168.50.15

Atl DNS 192.168.50.16

Hot name Exsi1

Domain name exs1.mytestlabs.com

I can ping all IP from my laptop. At present I didn't configure any domain controller and dns server. I want to configure these entire setup inside esxi server through vsphere client.

But when I am trying to connect esxi server through vshere client , it is throwing error "VSPHERE CLIENT COULD NOT CONNECT TO 192.168.50.1. AN UNKNOWN CONNECTION ERROR OCCURRED(THIS REQUEST FAILED BECAUSE OF A CONNECTION FAILURE . UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE REMOTE SERVER "Smiley Sad

I added entry inside host file as well .

host file.jpg

I am unable to resolve this issue. Please help me .

esxi server.jpg

Thanks a lot in advancenetwork config of esxi server.jpgnetwork config of esxi server.jpglogin error.jpg

Message was edited by: a.p. - changed title from all-caps

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm a little bit confused about the IP addresses/settings you are using?

Are you able to ping e.g. the default gateway from the ESXi host?

Please post the output of ipconfig /all from the host (Windows).

André

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

I understand that you are able to ping the host but not access the host via vsphere client. Looks like port issue.

Are you able to access the host via browser https://<hostname> , just to see if the host can be connected via port 443 from your laptop. If this works , then I think the issue could be specific to the port 902/903. Check and disable your firewall in the windows.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos