VMware Cloud Community
mikecaruana
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client constantly disconnects & reconnects to ESXi, It's my ISP, but how do I fix it?

It's annoying. I'll be working on a remote host, then all off a sudden it disconnects, brings the vSphere Client into focus, but I can click back on the remote machine & it's reconnected. Happens every few minutes.

I know it has to do with my ISP because if I connect the same machine at my office (where I have Time Warner / Spectrum) everything works normally. Bring the machine home where I have Frontier Fios (which is even faster than my office) and I have issues. I do have a dedicated external IP in the office, not sure if that matters.

All of the kB articles I read mention an advanced setting to change the heartbeat timeout (if this is the same issue) but that setting is not available on vSphere Client. I am not running vSphere Server, just ESXi 5.1 on a server which has been in the same datacenter for 5 years.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikecaruana
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the following error as well (which I do not get when connected to Spectrum at the office):

Device naa.6001e4f03a3824001908f5db144e2f3d

performance has deteriorated. I/O latency

increased from average value of 29233

microseconds to 911754 microseconds.

0 Kudos
sandu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I dont think the storage error has anything to do with the ISP unless you are trying to copy some files from your home desktop to/from the datastore.

Do you see any error in vSphere client logs? I think they are at: C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\vpx\viclient-x.log

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos
mikecaruana
Contributor
Contributor

From what I can see there are a few timeout errors:

PropertyCollector:session[8b56c9eb-6b08-7d37-9897-9fdfc258a52e]5206b793-b120-391a-0d58-8e4410698090 [66.117.10.114] - Serial:0.000, Server:900.002

Suppressed: VirtualInfrastructure.Soap.MethodInvocationSoapImpl: The request failed because the remote server '' took too long to respond. (The command has timed out as the remote server is taking too long to respond.)

[viclient:Error   :W:23] 2018-01-31 20:46:03.663  ConnectionError occurred while executing WFU

VirtualInfrastructure.Exceptions.RequestTimedOut: The request failed because the remote server 'xx.xx.xx.xx' took too long to respond. (The command has timed out as the remote server is taking too long to respond.)

at VirtualInfrastructure.Soap.SoapServiceWrapper.DoInvokeSync(ManagedObject mo, MethodName methodName, Object[] parameters, Int32 timeoutSecs)

at VirtualInfrastructure.Soap.SoapTransport.VirtualInfrastructure.Transport.InvokeMethod(ManagedObject mo, MethodName methodName, Object[] pars)

at VirtualInfrastructure.ManagedObject.InvokeMethod(MethodName methodName, Object[] pars)

at Vmomi.Core.PropertyCollector.WaitForUpdates(String version)

at VirtualInfrastructure.Updates.PollerDispatcherImpl.ExecuteSingleWFU()

at VirtualInfrastructure.Updates.PollerDispatcherImpl.PollWaitForUpdates()

System.Net.WebException: The command has timed out as the remote server is taking too long to respond.

0 Kudos