VMware Cloud Community
shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client 4 and Windows 7 Build 7100

Hello,

I'am running Windows 7(Build 7100), and I installed the vSphere Client 4, and also vSphere. Now I have some problems connecting the first time with VI Client to my box. The problems is that It asks for a client update every time, and so and I'am not able to logon. See also the attached screenshot.How can I fix this issue?

5993_5993.jpg

0 Kudos
11 Replies
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

Might want to take a look at this thread.

Info about running the client on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

All the things In that topic, i already did, but they don't seem to work. Is there way that I can turn the updating of vSphere client off?

0 Kudos
shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hasn't anyone an answer?

0 Kudos
Penic_Albin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sorry but this is not current vSphere client, it isVI3 client. Check on picture, it say VMware Infrastructure Client You should have "Use Windows session credentials" above Login button and in should be VMware vSphere Client.

Check my 6107_6107.png picture

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I seems now that that the vSphere Client client won't install.

I downloaded it from my ESX server. Is there another way to download the latest vSphere Client?

0 Kudos
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

connect to your vCenter server via a web browser. It should give you a page with a link to install the new client.

0 Kudos
shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

In only have an ESX server, no virtualcenter server.

0 Kudos
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

and when you connect to your esx 4 host via the web page? You should have the same option to download and install the client.

Also - what part fails? When you click to run the installer, does it download? Does the installer run? Do you walk through the installation screens?

0 Kudos
shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

That's what I my doing all the time. I downloaded the client from the website of my ESX 4 host, and installed it. And then I got this issue. I'am using the evaluation version of vSphere

0 Kudos
Penic_Albin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

My suggestion is that you first uninstall current version of client and then reinstall vSphere client.

You can also download vSphere client as part of evaluation package "VMware vCenter Server 4 and modules".

shadowman1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

After uninstalling the current client, and install the one from VirtualCenter ISO, It's working. Thanks for excellent help I recieved.

0 Kudos