VMware Cloud Community
Flyzone
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client 4.0.0 error when creating new virtual disk or when creating a new vm

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a "little" problem with a vSphere Client 4.0.0 installation. Just on ONE workstation, there is something wrong with my computer....when I try to create a new virtual machine at the moment to set the new virtual disk size OR tring to add a new virtual disk to one existing virtual machine, i get this error:

"The disk capacity entered was not a properly formed number or was out of range"

This happen just on one workstation with all domain admin profiles. Trying to create a new VM using my username to another workstation, works perfectly.

Another thing is that this happen just on creation of VM or adding the primary virtual disk; if I try to add another (secondary) virtual disk to one existing vm, I don't get any error and I don't get this error message if create a virtual disk of 4 GB.

Is not a problem of Vcenter permission (on others pcs is working), but just a workstation problem.

I'm using windows xp with SP3. I already tried to uninstall all vmware product, deleting all vmware folders, delete all registry key/folder having "VMware" name and do a fresh install but the problem still exist. The problem happened from one day to another, I don't remember if I had installed something new or removed something old..

I would not like to format and reinstall my pc.

Someone know how to solve it? Does some library can give this problem?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nyxman201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with client v 4.1.0... did you find what was the problem or a solution?

i also have to use another workstation when i'm adding new disk to VMs.

many thanks!

0 Kudos