VMware Cloud Community
TonyJK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere 6 Release Date ?

Hi,

Is there any idea when next version of vSphere will be released ?

Thanks

13 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I expect more information or possible date will come out at VMworld in August

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
vm7user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now is September

Any news about 6.0 release date?

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

There was no date announced at VMworld,

if you want to check out the new features, you can register for the open beta and try it: VMware vSphere Beta Landing Page

0 Kudos
JPM300
Commander
Commander

I was acutally kinda shocked at how little vSphere 6 was even mentioned at VMware World in San Fran, I think out of all the break out sessions I only heard one small snipit of a new feature / improvement they where working on.  I guess they are keeping tight liped about it.

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert

It will be coming out early next year Q1/Q2, there is no point of talking about it, and also considering that beta version is open to everyone...I guess anyone that is really interested to find out what is in the pipeline should join.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
JakubD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

According to 'El Reg' it may be 2nd Feb: VMware planning 'biggest launch' on Feb 2 • The Register

0 Kudos
vm7user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maybe, March 12th?

0 Kudos
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
bheemeswararao
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

check here you will get some good info on VMware stuff..

http://www.vmwareguruz.com/interview_qa/vsphere-6-0-features/

0 Kudos
MarkSen
Contributor
Contributor

in case the question is still outstanding... today! available for download in my.vmware

Mark

0 Kudos
Centosuser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any suggestions on how to update from 5.5 to 6.0  live without CD ?

i see Vmware provide unexpired Producte key for free ? or is this for the Beta version ?

0 Kudos
ArchParks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is how I did it:

esxcli software vib update -d /vmfs/volumes/<your_volume>/VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-2494585-depot.zip

http://www.vladan.fr/easily-upgrade-esxi-5-x-to-the-latest-esxi-5-5-update-1-via-cli/

Centosuser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks,

didn't know its possible.

already updated using the media

but its works thank you

0 Kudos