VMware Cloud Community
BauerG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 5.5 - Webclient -> Export to Excel?

Hello,

I have a question about exporting data from the performance tab of a VM.

With the vClient it is possible to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet, where the data and charts are included.

My Problem is that the Webclient (vSphere 5.5) only offers exporting to CSV, and there are no charts...

Is there any possibility to export performance-data (including charts) to an Excel-file with the Webclient that i missed?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vuzzini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello BauerG,

You can export the performance charts from Web Client to PNG, JPEG and CSV format only. However, in case you want to view the stats in excel, export the data to CSV file. Double click and open it in excel software, go to Save as and save it as an excel workbook.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Sandeep Vuzzini Sr. DevOps Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vuzzini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello BauerG,

You can export the performance charts from Web Client to PNG, JPEG and CSV format only. However, in case you want to view the stats in excel, export the data to CSV file. Double click and open it in excel software, go to Save as and save it as an excel workbook.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Sandeep Vuzzini Sr. DevOps Engineer
0 Kudos
BauerG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello vuzzini,

thank you very much for your answer.

I really had hoped that there would be an option in the Webclient where the charts are already be included...luckily there is still a vClient so I don't have to create the charts manually Smiley Wink

Best regards

BauerG

0 Kudos