VMware Cloud Community
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere 4 - 3 ESX Hosts in a cluster

Hi, I have a problem with vSphere. I have 3 ESX 4u2 hosts in a cluster. I have DRS and vmotion enabled. They can all connect to the SAN and see each datastore that is setup. I no longer needed a datastore. I removed the LUN from the SAN first before removing it from the hosts. Now when I try and remove the datastore from the host it complains with the following error:

Error during the cvonfiguration of the host: SysinfoException: Node (VSI_NODE_storage_scsifw_devices_partition_info) ; Status(bad0003)=Not found; Message= Instance(2): naa.6001438005decab50000700000d00000 1 Input(0)

I realise I should have removed the datastore first, but how do I fix this? I need the datastore removed.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried rescanning the SAN your form your HBA?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried rescanning the SAN your form your HBA?

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, I scanned it a day later and all is fine now. How strange. When I first scanned it just sat there at 12%.

Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos