VMware Cloud Community
josgan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere 4.1u1

I am looking for a RAID card with 4 external SFF-8088 that is certified for vSphere 4.1u1. I have not had any luck looking so far and was wondering if someone else has found such a card.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would say do it the other way around - identify cards with the 4 USB ports and see if they are on the HCL - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Here is a list of all the supported SAS-RAID cards.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
josgan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have looked at the HCL, but it does not allow me to sort or even display the info that I need. I need a RAID controller that has 4 external sas connections.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would say do it the other way around - identify cards with the 4 USB ports and see if they are on the HCL - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
josgan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am looking for a eSAS controller, not USB. And going the other way would take far too much time. I went with the h800 controller and changed my storage.

0 Kudos