VMware Cloud Community
realdreams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSGA with Nvidia Geforce Cards?

Will I get any benefit by using GeForce GTX 690? VMware and Nvidia say only Gird/Tesla and some Quadro cards are supported. The architecture difference between Geforce and Quadro is not that much from what I have read. Is there a way to get around it? I know it's not "supported". I am not using it for production either.

Currently I am using a very old graphic card because the guests actually use the CPU for "graphic acceleration". For a web game (www.tiberiumalliances.com) I get 60fps (probably the maximum the game supports) on a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000, but in the guest OS I get like 10fps while guest OS cpu 60% (2 cores). What can I do to increase graphic performance without breaking the bank?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Its up to Nvidia on what cards that are supported with their driver, currently they only support the Quadro/Tesla/GRID GPU:s.

I have heard rumors that you can modify a GTX690 to get it to be reported as a K1/K2 but that involves soldering and might not even be legal...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos