VMware Cloud Community
djames06
Contributor
Contributor

vMotion enabled but not on in Summary Tab.

Hello all,

Would anyone know what vMotion is enabled on the management vnic but in the summary tab says vMotion N/A. Both ESXi server are identical "not clones" and they both can ping each other. They both have share NSF storage with vCenter on standby.

Capture.PNG

Nic.PNG

Nic2.PNG

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies
brunofernandez1

do you have used ping or vmkping?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards from Switzerland, B. Fernandez http://vpxa.info/
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lets try the simple things first. Close out your thick client and reconnect. See if its just a GUI refresh bug. Next step would be to restart vCenter service and check again.

0 Kudos
djames06
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not using vCenter just yet. I'm trying to setup the ESXi server first then use vCenter to manage vMotion. I'm I wrong? Could it be the both servers dont have Management Vnic connected yet. Meaning they would have to be on a different network?

Thanks

0 Kudos
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ah ha. Your problem is not having vCenter. VMotion is a feature of vCenter. You cannot vMotion with a functional vCenter server in place.