VMware Cloud Community
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vMA for ESXi on each host??

Do I install the vMA appliance (and any other related management appliances) upon EACH ESXi host??

I haven't found anything that explains this...or I have looked in all the wrong places so far Smiley Sad

Thank you, Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Do you have a cluster with DRS, HA and multiple hosts, or single hosts? If you have a cluster, then just set up one vMA and let HA and DRS take care of it. Otherwise, it might make sense to have multiple deployed, in case you lose a single host.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello.

Do you have a cluster with DRS, HA and multiple hosts, or single hosts? If you have a cluster, then just set up one vMA and let HA and DRS take care of it. Otherwise, it might make sense to have multiple deployed, in case you lose a single host.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have a 3-node cluster with HA and DRS so I could install 2 vMA, then use 1 of the two vMA as the primary vMA...it may be a mixed environment, 1 ESXi, 2 ESX, time will tell.

Another way I thought of was 1 vMA within each host's local storage that was previously used by ESX Service Console etc., I plan to run ESXi from USB.

0 Kudos
tietzjd25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vMA server is good for up too 100 hosts, place it on your cluster and you will be set to go.

Use vMA for PowerCli, Logs and many other goodies. Smiley Happy

Joe Tietz VCAP-DCD Solutions Architect
0 Kudos