VMware Cloud Community
islammanjurul
Contributor
Contributor

vDS not showing on ESXi host but shows on vCenter

Hi

Not sure if it is the right place to post this issue, but couldn't find a right place to post about vDS. Recently I have added a new vCenter, migrated all hosts to the new one. Earlier each host was showing the vDS with physical adapter assigned properly. But they are not showing now after I have added them on vCenter and imported the backed up vDS configuration from old vCenter. Kindly see the attachment below, the ESXi host had proper physical and virtual adapter, it was just after I imported the vDS configuration on the new vCenter, now it is showing like the below attachment.

vds.JPG

Here is another screenshot, which is showing the vDS from vCenter:

vds2.JPG

I want to fix the issues so that all the ESXi show the vDS as per the vCenter (it was earlier like the vCenter, just after importing, all are gone). The VMs on each of the hosts, connected to the vDS are working fine.

Also note that, there are two vDS, LDB10G and the StoragedvSwitch, the problem has occurred only with the LDB10G, the other vDS is showing properly on all the ESXi hosts with proper assignment of virtual and physical adapter, vmkernel, vmnic, etc.

Solution for Future - Virtualization, Workspace delivery
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Check if this helps

Vmware KB1004775

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
islammanjurul
Contributor
Contributor

Tried this before posting here, but did not help. Need another information, if I migrate to standard switch and remove the vDS, will it create the vDS again on each hosts?

Solution for Future - Virtualization, Workspace delivery
0 Kudos