VMware Cloud Community
mquast
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenterServer 6.0U3b with ESXI Hosts 6.0.0 4600944 (Dell customized) ?

Hello,

I have a system with three ESXi Hosts and one vCenter Server all running on ESXi 5.1.0 (1483097).

I don't want to upgrade the vCenter Server (on W2012R2), but install a new one. The ESXI host will be upgraded to  6.0.0 4600944 (Dell customized).

When I do a new installation of the vCenterServer on W2012R2 which version shall i use? Can I use the newest version vCenterServer 6.0U3b or shall I use VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U2 for the ESXi host running on 6.0.0 U2 ?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes, you can use the vCenter as 6.0u3b and ESXIs as 6.0.

ESXI 6.0.0 will be operational with both VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U3 and 6.0.0 U2. It wont work when you have higher number of ESXI version then vCenter.

You can check compatibility of each VMware product with other one at VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes, you can use the vCenter as 6.0u3b and ESXIs as 6.0.

ESXI 6.0.0 will be operational with both VMware vCenter Server 6.0 U3 and 6.0.0 U2. It wont work when you have higher number of ESXI version then vCenter.

You can check compatibility of each VMware product with other one at VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
mquast
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey

0 Kudos
MDNaseer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Yes, you can have center 6.0u3 with Esxi 6.0. but it advisable to upgrade Esxi also to latest available.

0 Kudos
mquast
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

thank you but I will wait until Dell has a customized 6.0u3 ready.

Michael

0 Kudos
Joffer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Why not ESXi 6.5? Hardware not supported?

You can at least use vCenter 6.5 to control ESXi 6.0 hosts. And also vCenter Server Appliance is supported in full production (and has native HA if you need).

0 Kudos