VMware Cloud Community
StHubert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter Standard and vSphere4 Enterprise Plus - Data Recovery Appliance?

Hi,

We currently have vCenter Standard with multiple vSphere4 Enterprise Plus hosts and if I check the licensed feature, we have Data Recovery available but I can't seem to find the appliance anywhere? Can anyone help me get started? I would need to install the OVF appliance and the plugin for my vCenter. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Here: http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_downloads/vmware_vsphere_4/4

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Here: http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_downloads/vmware_vsphere_4/4

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
geddam
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As long as you have a valid license of Enterprise or Advanced edition, you will be able to download it from downloads.

Thanks,,

Ramesh. Geddam,

VCP 3&4, MCTS(Hyper-V).

Please award points, if helpful

Thanks,, Ramesh. Geddam,
StHubert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks I got it working.

But now I have another question.

I setup the appliance and added a 1TB local disk from our SAN. Now that I configured the backup, will it pass through our SAN or will it transfer the data through the network? Am I better off not assigning a local disk to the appliance and instead assign the SAN disk directly to the configuration? Hope that's clear, I want the backups to pass through the SAN and not LAN.

0 Kudos
kac2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

it utilizes the vStorage API. so it's not a traditional kind of backup

0 Kudos
StHubert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, I'm not sure what that means but I just realized that since it's taking the VMDK files directly off the datastores, it must be going through our SAN. It seemed to perform the backup pretty fast, faster than through LAN so I guess it's working.

0 Kudos