VMware Cloud Community
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCenter 7.0.2 Storage Logs Filling Up

A while ago I was getting notices from Skyline Health that the log volume was over 70% full. I had opened a SR with VMware and was given these 2 one liners to run :

find /storage/log/vmware/ -mtime +1 -type f -name "localhost_access*" | while read file; do rm "$file" ; done
find /storage/log/vmware/ -mtime +1 -type f -name "catalina*log" | while read file; do rm "$file" ; done

The issue I am having is these seem to only clean logs down to 60% and within a few weeks I get the Skyline warning that the logs are over 70%.  This seems to be happening at a faster interval these days.

Is there anything else I can purge here ? @depping 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

No idea to be honest why this happens, I would suggest getting support looking at it. Seen this before, and back then it was WCP filling the logs, but that problem was solved a while back. I would recommend by the way upgrading to 7.0.3, various issues been solved in that release.

0 Kudos
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Duncan

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.  I had a session with support yesterday.  We crawled through most folders and could not really find a lot of extra things to clean up.  In the end, the tech suggested that I follow the KB to add an extra 10GB to my /storage/log volume and then resize it.

My DR vCenter was just upgraded to 7.0.3G for vCenter and all is well after 2 weeks, so I think I will plan to get prod pushed to the same build in the next week.

0 Kudos