VMware Cloud Community
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCenter 5.5 Update 3, cannot download

We have an up to date support contract with VMWare. We are running ESXi 5.5 Update 2. Logged in today and tried to download vCenter 5.5 Update 3 and received this message. Is anyone else having the same problem? What is weird is I can download ESXi 6 but we are not ready to upgrade yet.

You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.

Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator.

If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vNEX
Expert
Expert

check if you are able to download U3 with account which has Super User/Procurement permission at My VMware portal...

Otherwise I would contact VMware support for guidance:

VMware Support | United States / Headquarters | United States

VMware KB: How to file a Support Request in My VMware

There are similar experiences, see:

My VMware's "You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product." error...

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
0 Kudos
sethkap
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue yesterday but was able to download today.

0 Kudos
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Opened a ticket with VMWare, they told me it was a widespread problem they were working on. Fixed this morning, download went fine

0 Kudos