VMware Cloud Community
vg2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCPU and Memory Allocation preferred combination..?

I'm a bit confused on my vCPU and particularly memory allocation. Can anyone provide some insight?  My system is in GCP With 1 vCPU, 4 GB memory.

And after that  every day some point of time i used to get 522 time out error with my showing that ( The origin web server timed out responding to this request when i'm trying to connect with Admission Guidance.)

Screenshot (415).png

Can anyone explain how the Memory limit for a VM works?

i mean what is the best combination i can use for it .so that my VM resources get this error.

vipin kumar
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmitDhankad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi ,

I had faced the same issue.

This is your ISP issue...

Ping 8.8.8.8 -t from this server  (in which you are facing issue) and ping your web server public IP from A laptop using mobile hotspot.

This test will make clear your issue

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mansoorahmadkha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Vipin,

The error attached with your post suggests web server timed out in response which can be an issue with your Internet connection. Do you face the same issue browsing other locations on the Internet ? Is it intermittent ? If yes does it happen in any fixed time of the day ? Just trying to figure out if the Internet connection is a choke point in this case.

Furthermore, you have just 1 vCPU and 4GB of RAM which might be sufficient for a PC with minimal workload but definitely not built for high end computing tasks.

Can you please explain in detail which VMware technology or product are you trying to install/practice so that we may answer your query in a better manner.

Please elaborate

Regards

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query has been answered correctly.
0 Kudos
vg2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Thank you

I'm using google cloud platform (gCP) Yes every day in between 9 Am to 10 Am only for the 5 Min .?

So can you tell me what should i do now .?

vipin kumar
0 Kudos
mansoorahmadkha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey,

Which application are you running on GCP?

Below is the tool from google known as Cloud Trace using which you can check the reasons why your application is running slow. It is obviously paid version but you can test your application by signing up to the Trial Version of Cloud Trace to further drill down the issue.

Want to know why your application is slow? Cloud Trace’s new features can help. | Google Cloud Blog

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query has been answered correctly.

Regards

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Why do you think this issue is related to anything VMware-specific?

If so, which VMware product are you using?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
AmitDhankad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi ,

I had faced the same issue.

This is your ISP issue...

Ping 8.8.8.8 -t from this server  (in which you are facing issue) and ping your web server public IP from A laptop using mobile hotspot.

This test will make clear your issue

vg2903
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sure i will try this and let you know about the issue again .

vipin kumar
0 Kudos